Nuts! PBEM

Nuts! PBEM

Postby Saladin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:03 am

I will be running a PBEM game using Two Hour Wargames Nuts! rules to resolve movement and combat.

However, all the game mechanics will be invisible to the players. All they will "see" and hear are what is available to their on-board counterparts. And there will be no "turns" per se. I will just contact players with updates and ask for their actions when something changes.

And the game will be run asynchronously rather than in turns (from the players' view).

When appropriate, I will poll a player and ask for his actions. He'll have 24 hours to respond or be assumed to continue with his previous intentions (with normal reactions to take cover and return fire, of course). When those actions would be observed by an opposing player, that player will be polled for his reaction, and so on.

The real interesting part of the game - apart from the limited viewpoint - will be the realistic communications. If you want to send part of your unit off somewhere, you'll lose control over them unless you stay in contact via hand signal, radio, or runner.

I'll keep the first game to one squad (plus maybe a support weapon) per player.

I'd also like players to have some input on what period the scenario will cover. I'd be willing to do anything in the first half of the 20th century, not just WWII. (I particularly like SCW and WWI Trench Raids.)

So if you are interested, reply here and give me some ideas for the period/forces you'd like to see.
Saladin
Site Admin

Re: Nuts! PBEM

Postby McBane » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:33 pm

I would like to see WWII myself...nothing like automatic weapons to add fun:-) well, some automatic anyway, SMGs, LMGs, ect...

Personally I would like to run german forces, being a WWII german history nut myself, but will run and command whatever is needed:-)

I dont know much about the SCW, but willing to learn:-)
McBane

Postby Saladin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:24 am

Ok - mid war, Eastern Front.

I need players to state their preference for side.

Remember, this game will be run asynchronously - without set turns. You will be polled when something happens that you need to respond to, and you will have 24 hours to respond.
Saladin
Site Admin

Postby McBane » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:53 am

ok, I pick german then:-)

with a squad loaded with captured PPSh's hehe.....

;-P
McBane

Postby Gunbird » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:48 am

Put me up for the ruski's then.

Johan
Gunbird

Postby Colonel Sam » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:35 am

I'm a die-hard Soviet player.

You say squad per player, but given the era wouldn't a platoon of glorious people's revolutionary militia be about the same as a suad of Germans? :)
Colonel Sam

Postby Saladin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:24 am

Depends on whether they are attacking or defending. They did pretty well at Pavlov's house.
Saladin
Site Admin

Postby David Bratovich » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:33 pm

I'll be German.

Dave
David Bratovich

Postby dogwolf » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 am

Is it to late to put my name down? If not I, erm, well I do if thats ok. No preference for side, put me where I'm needed. This is such a good idea playing games over emails, should be interesting to see how it all works.
How many players can play in such a game? Endless numbers I suppose just as long as the GM has the time and resources to sort it out?
dogwolf

Postby Saladin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:23 am

Unless the players are paying for turns like the big commercial games, that's not very likely to happen.

But I do have room for you and at least one more.

I'm working on the scenario right now.
Saladin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Game Announcements